Monday, July 09, 2007

It's been a long weekend.

It's been a very long weekend and not in a good way. I came home and checked my email after the fireworks Wednesday night to find a message from someone I thought was a friend attacking my character for posting at Scrapperie! The abuse has continued with additional messages berating me, the owners, and the members of Scrapperie.

I choose my friends based on how they treat me. Obviously, the person who sent these messages is no longer considered a friend and apparently never was one. Sandi and Kim befriended me a couple of years ago when I was first beginning to scrapbook and have only treated me with kindness and respect. Most of the other people at Scrapperie are new to me but have been nothing but warm and welcoming. I choose to believe that you are all nice people unless you prove yourselves otherwise by your actions toward me. I am certainly not going to judge anyone based on one person's accusations.

It's just been a very draining weekend. I value honesty and professionalism [i]very[/i] highly and to have mine called into question was very hurtful. And to learn that I had misjudged the character of the person who would say such things to me was a major blow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Cindy. I think e-mail makes it so much easier to attack someone than it used to be. It's harder to face someone in person or on the phone as they can defend themselves for instance. Yes I don't think it takes much courage at all to e-mail someone nasty stuff. It's never happened to me personally but I have a friend who has had to endure a number of harrassing,nasty e-mails from a fellow scrapper, to the point of having to threaten legal action against her, and I recall well how much it upset her though she tried hard to ignore it.
For the record, I've always thought of you as someone who has a lot of integrity..so that person is much mistaken.
Well, as the old saying goes, ' what goes around comes around'..it may happen to her one day.

Linda said...

(((CINDY))) I am so sorry you have been dealing with this! Unfortunately people are idiots, and if they knew you, they would know that you are definitely a person of integrity! I haven't "known" you for long, but I can see it! BTW, missing you on SL.... hope all is ok!

Cherie said...

Awww Cindy! I'm sorry that this happened! I just don't "get" it at all! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I'm so sorry to see this happening. You don't deserve this, well no one does. I've never known you to be anything but kind, helpful and professional. ((hugs)) and know that you're in my thoughts.