Um...okay...scrapping has taken a back seat to sewing costumes this summer. I have made time for a page a week, though, by participating in the So You Think You Can Scrap challenge at The Scrapbook Site. With a different DT member hosting each weeks challenge there has been a lot of variety and it has been a blast! Thanks to them for all of their hard work and for forcing me to make some time for scrapping!
Week 1: old School
1. Using old supplies (a mixture of papers, embellishments and alphas. New items can be used but please keep them to a minimum).
2. Scrapping a picture from in or around the year you began scrapping.
3. Using one of the first techniques you tried.
Week 2: sketch Play
1. Use an Elsie Flannigan sketch (file attached and there are 28 to choose from! Here’s the link: http://elsieflannigan.blogspot.com/2007/02/just-for-fun.html)
2. Scrap a minimum of 3 pictures
3. Use at least 2 different pattern papers from at least 2 different collections/manufacturers
Week 3: Lucky Sevens
create a layout entitled, "Seven Things I Am Lucky to Have".
Your layout must also include the following:
7 journaling strips
Week 4: Memories
The Challenge- Create a layout about a childhood memory and how it relates to you now. Include meaningful journaling.
We were allowed to skip one week and this was the one I ended up skipping because I was just too busy to get the challenge done and do it justice.
Week 5: Sing Me a Memory
1. Find a song with meaningful lyrics.
2. Use at least 4 lines from that song on your layout. You will need to include the song title and the singer in your description when you post your layout to the gallery.
3. You will need at least 2 photos on your layout.
Week 6: The Power of Three
3 different ribbons
3 different patterned papers (can be from same or different manufacturers)
3 word title
3 extra embellishments of your choosing (this can be ANYTHING not listed above and also
can be 3 of the same things or 1 each of 3 different things just as long as
it is not something already listed).
Week 7: Ordinary Objects
Journaling is a must. Tell me why each item is important in your daily routine and why you couldn't live without it at this point in your life. If journaling is hidden – please post a separate picture with the journaling so we can see it!
Patterned papers – use at least 2 - you can use more.
Ribbon OR fiber – you can use lots or as little as one piece of either.
You can do any size layout you would like.
You can use anything else you want for this layout – cardstock, embellies, ink, chipboard – no limits!
Week 8: DIY
CREATE YOUR VERY OWN EMBELLISHMENTS!!