Thursday, May 15, 2008

Finished Coat

I mentioned in a previous post that I am really bad with the sewing machine. I had quickly sewn the lining into the coat/loose gown/zimarra by machine so that I could wear it in Frankenmuth but it looked really bad. I ended up picking it all out and resewing it by hand. It looks sooo much better. I briefly toyed with the idea of using glass beads as buttons similar to the Woman with a dog portrait on page 112 of Moda a Firenze but had trouble finding the right beads and realized glass beads would probably be too heavy anyway. I ordered some very plain frogs off the internet and finished sewing them on yesterday. I think this project is done unless I decide to change the sleeves at some point.



2 comments:

Peggyelizabeth said...

that's beautiful
and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink lining!

Linda said...

How beautiful that is! You are so very talented!