Thursday, December 04, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me!

Woohoo! I'm goin' on a cruise! No, not on Christmas but it's what Tom and I are giving each other for Christmas!
I had recieved an email about Royal Caribbean offering reduced deposits and though "Hey, we can afford to pay that!" I assumed the balance wouldn't have to be paid until after the first of the year. Well, I found a great deal on a February cruise but the catch was that it would have to be paid in full immediately and I didn't see how we could do that with our Christmas shopping not finished and the fact that we do not use credit cards. So I told myself to forget that idea. But we looked at what we had saved up for next season's renaissance festival visits and what we had in regular savings with all of the overtime Tom has been working and realized that we had enough to pay in full! This means cutting way back on Christmas gifts for each other (Don't worry, the kids are taken care of.:D ) and no out-of-state faire visits next summer but I'm okay with that if it means being on a nice warm beach in February instead of freezing my tushie off her in Michigan! LOL
We'll be doing five nights Western Caribbean with stops in Costa Maya and Cozumel. We've never been to either of those ports since our only other cruise was Eastern. I'm leaning toward doing one of the ruins shore excursions for Costa Maya then just hanging out on the beach in Cozumel (I'll more than likely be needing to recover from overexerting myself at the ruins) but would welcome any advice or opinions from people who have been there.

No comments: