After realizing that I really can sew (doing it mostly by hand, though, since the sewing machine and I still still don't get along well) I started working on some things for myself. I made some alterations to my purchased bodice by covering the large grommets with strips of velveteen and sewing on decorative lacing rings. I made a hat and woven ribbon caul for myself and a beaded net haircovering for my daughter. I made a cartridge pleated velveteen trimmed wool skirt and a bum roll to wear under it. I made a set of reversible sleeves with one side matching the blue wool of the skirt and the other matching the navy brocade of my bodice. I made a linen partlet (think of it as an Elizabethan dickey! LOL). Next up is a square necked shift to wear under everything since the partlet looks silly with the gathered neck chemises I have. I am hoping that these additions will bring my garb to more of a middle class than peasant look. I have also been working on a Florentine gamurra dress in between the other things.