Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Another Florentine



This dress is actually the first one that I made for myself last spring but it was rather plain and generic in style so I made a few changes to give it more of an early 16th century Florentine look. I squared the front neckline from the original scoop, added black velvet ribbon trim, made a poste by adding some drapery tassels to a black sash from the bottom of the garb bin (eventually I will replace this with a silk one), and today made a pair of very full sleeves using the pattern provided in Jennifer Thompson's dress diary at Festive Attyre. Please forgive the hastily arranged head wrap and the fact that I forgot to remove my modern jewelry.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful dress. I love the neckline and the red sleeves.

Suzy said...

Very pretty! I love the color combo!

croppin carla said...

That one is a really nice dress too!

joybear said...

You are so amazing!!! So awesome!!!
BTW thnak for stopping by my blog to check up on me...We were at the edge of it...we only lost power and the boys school was flooded so they had a free day last friday..we were really lucky!!