Sunday, April 20, 2008

Zibellini Embellishment- Take One


For those of you who were wondering what I was doing with the polymer clay I mentioned the other day- I was attempting to create a "gold" "jeweled" head for my mink flea fur. Attempting being the operative word here. :rolleyes: I took the idea from the Sable Greyhound (in the links list to the right) and molded foil around the mink's head last Thursday then poured plaster of paris into the form and let it dry overnight. Friday I covered the plaster with plastic wrap and formed the clay over it. First off I had some trouble with the plastic wanting to lift away from the plaster but kept working until I had the clay head looking the way I wanted it. The Sable Greyhound site then instructs you to remove the clay from the plastic wrapped plaster form and use foil to support it while baking. That's where everything went o hell. The thing got totally deformed in the transfer from the plastic wrapped plaster to the baking sheet. I tried to remold it and went ahead and baked it but it looked like crap and I threw it away!

I have enough clay to try again but I will attempt to mold the clay on the plaster form with foil in between then atempt to pull out the plaster form after baking. Cross your fingers that it will work.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Good Luck with that! I wouldn't even begin to have a clue!! You are very talented!!

Heredia Family/Yvie said...

Looks great Cindy. You are so talented!