Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Florentine Gown- Version B

This is what I've been up to the last couple of days:



(Bertha's waist and hips are still a bit larger than mine and her waist is higher so the dress doesn't sit exactly right on her and doesn't close all of the way. It does fit me but I was too lazy to put it all on myself.)

I remade the bodice cutting a new front with a lower curved waistline and removed all of the black piping. The change in the bodice waistline meant redoing the skirt as well. Fortunately, I got away with only having to repleat the front panel and rehemming. I still need to find some ribbon in the color of the dress to replace the black lacing. And I'm still thinking about replacing the ties for the sleeves with buttons and loops.

All of the underpinnings are things I made myself as well. The camecia/smock, corset, and partlet are things I made last year. Bertha is also wearing the gold and purple petticoat I just made.

My mail carrier just deliver the mink collar I bought off ebay to make a zibellini. (His little face doesn't bother me but the feet creep me out!) I have a necklace and earrings to go with this but I still have to figure out what I am making for the jeweled girdle/belt to complete this outfit.

Here is what it originally looked like with the higher straight waistline:

6 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL @ Bertha. That is just beautiful Cindy. Wonderful job, as always.

Heredia Family/Yvie said...

Wow! Beautiful dress!!

croppin carla said...

WOW that is awesome.....you really know how to sew girl.....how fun!

Cherie Averill said...

Wowzers! You're amazing! Bertha gave me a giggle!

Leslie said...

The mink has it's head and feet! OMG!

The dress looks great.

Silverstah said...

Oh, it's absolutely lovely - I adore the new dropped waist. Well done!