Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Photos for March 26

I'm really going to make an effort to get back on track with the photo-a-day thing. So today's photos pose the question "How do you you get a flat ribbon to fit a curved surface when you are much too lazy to sew it all on by hand?" (One of the benefits of velveteen is that machine stitching disappears into the pile of the velvet.:D) I ended up putting a gazillion pins in it and let the upper edge bunch up ever so slightly while I pulled the bottom edge a taught as I could. I don't think it turned out too bad especially since this is my bumming around dress for those hot and/or lazy days when all I do is throw this on over a chemise and pop my straw hat on my head and call it good. I put a band of the ribbon at the hem of the gown as well.


No comments: