Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's Done!





I finished up the sleeves this morning so the loose gown/zimarra is ready to be worn. I opted to go with elbow length sleeves and trimmed them with strips of the gold embroidered trim. I am very pleased with how they came out considering that I had no idea what I was doing! LOL The Tudor Tailor book just told me to put the sleeves in without really explaining how to do it. So I finished the armholes, finished the tops of the sleeves, gathered the sleeves as best I could in bewtween the stiff trim, pinned the sleves into the holes, and whipstitched them together. I don't know if that was the correct way or not but it worked.

1 comment:

croppin carla said...

WOW that is just beautiful! You did a great job with all of it...now cant wait to see you wear it!