Friday, August 22, 2008

New Partlet

I decided that I wouldn't be a normal Renaissance Festival-goer (Now there's an oxymoron for you! LOL) if I wasn't sewing right up 'til the last minute so I decided to make myself another partlet. I thought about doing a high-necked smock but I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment! Anyway, I decided to give this one a box-pleated ruffle on the collar. The pleats came out perfectly on the first attempt but apparently I measured incorrectly somewhere because the collar ended up a half inch or so too short. I cut another collar and started over but the pleating came out uneven at the ends. At that point I didn't care anymore and just went with it.




I gave this one button and loop closures using pearls topped with a seed bead as the "buttons" and made thread loops. I think they came out pretty well for something I've never done before.

5 comments:

Korey said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love your work with the Elizabethean dress, too.

Artemisia Moltabocca said...

Uhm, how do you put the partlet together...exactly? Especially at the ruff join point?

Artemisia Moltabocca said...

Sorry, panic set it. Finally found this: http://www.margospatterns.com/partlet.pdf

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

The pearl acts as a button that I put through the loop to close the partlet but, more often than not, I wear it open. And that Margo's pattern is the one I used. I thought I had linked it but apparently not.

Artemisia Moltabocca said...

I took one look at yours and thought "That's exactly what I want!" Glad I'm using the right pattern. Yours turned out just beautiful.