I decided that I wouldn't be a normal Renaissance Festival-goer (Now there's an oxymoron for you! LOL) if I wasn't sewing right up 'til the last minute so I decided to make myself another partlet. I thought about doing a high-necked smock but I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment! Anyway, I decided to give this one a box-pleated ruffle on the collar. The pleats came out perfectly on the first attempt but apparently I measured incorrectly somewhere because the collar ended up a half inch or so too short. I cut another collar and started over but the pleating came out uneven at the ends. At that point I didn't care anymore and just went with it.
I gave this one button and loop closures using pearls topped with a seed bead as the "buttons" and made thread loops. I think they came out pretty well for something I've never done before.