Wednesday, March 25, 2009


I hit a snag with my sewing project yesterday. Yesterday morning I sewed the satin shell for the coat including the nifty pleats in the sleeves (as seen in the Countess Livia portrait) only to get to the collar and find that things just weren't lining up right. I discovered that I had sewn the shoulder seams with too wide of a seam allowance. Redoing the shoulder seams meant removing the sleeves. I got the shoulder issue taken care of then decided to do the sleeves properly as I should have done in the first place. I removed the sleeves from the faux fur lining then finished the sleeves seperately. While I was at it I enlarged the armscyes a little to more easily fit over the sleeves of my gown so I ended up not having pleats in the sleeves after all as I whipstitched them into place. Now that I have the shoulder seams lining up as they should it is on to the collar.

No comments: