Monday, March 23, 2009

Stupid Mistake!

So I finally dove into the Livia's zimarra project last night. I already had the front and back patterns drawn out from the black and pink zimarra and drew out a pattern for a long full sleeve. I had to do a bit of fiddling and cut the seam allowances narrower than I would have liked in order to fit the sleeves next to the body pieces on the 30" wide fabric but I made it work and got them all cut out. Then it dawned on me that I hadn't cut out a collar. :headwall: I did a narrow standing collar on the other zimarra but this time I wanted a full turn back collar and had forgotten to draw out the pattern. None of the pieces of fur I have left are quite wide enough so it looks like I'm going to have to have a seam at the center back of the collar. Oh, well, life goes on. :sigh:

No comments: